The truth is, everyone likes a great deal. It feels good to know that the value of what you purchased is greater than the price you paid. Often though, we approach a “deal” with hesitation. We assume that if the price is lower than the true value, someone is cutting corners. A truly good deal is hard to find, and that’s why homeowners looking for fireplace glass doors should be excited about one of the best deals out there.
The Minuteman Fireplace Glass Doors are exceptional doors at a low price. Their sturdy wrought iron construction, beautiful design, and timeless appeal make shoppers wonder why their price is so low. It is true that there are limitations when it comes to sizes and finish choices, but these fireplace doors are the best to buy if you have a standard size fireplace opening and appreciate simple, classic design.
Continue reading on to learn more about the beautiful Minuteman Fireplace Doors—their benefits, their drawbacks, and the type that will work best for you.
• They are made of quality wrought iron. The material is strong enough to allow a thin frame with modern style, and the texture of the metal is very conductive.
• The glass doors have a powder coat finish. One of the best finishes available for fireplace glass doors, the powder coat finish enables the fireplace door to keep its good looks for a long time. This extensive finish process uses electricity to adhere the paint to the metal.
• Minuteman doors feature a classically slim design. The glass doors feature a modern, slim design that is very popular in newer homes. Many homeowners are opting for this style because while adding character to the fireplace, the design is not overwhelming or distracting. Plus, the Minuteman Fireplace Glass Doors come in three distinct models: The Shaker, The Modern Studio, and The Windsor. The Shaker and the Modern Studio feature the same frame; the Shaker, however, features a cabinet style door while the Modern Studio incorporates a more versatile trackless bi-fold door. Whether you choose the cabinet-style or the bi-fold depends solely upon personal preference. In my opinion, the bi-fold trackless score more points because the doors offer a fuller view of the fire when they are open. The Windsor doors allows a full view of the fireplace with their bi-fold trackless doors.
• Screen mesh is a must-have if you use a wood burning fireplace. The screen mesh protects against flying sparks and embers. Most fireplace doors present the option to upgrade to a screen mesh curtain or a screen mesh door. However, the Minuteman Fireplace Glass Doors ship with a screen mesh door included into the already low price.
• Minuteman's Shipping Program cannot be beat. You might be hesitant to have expensive glass doors loaded onto a truck and carted to your home. No one wants their boxed glass doors to arrive looking like a used brown paper bag and sounding like a pair of maracas. Not to worry with these doors. Anyone purchasing the Minuteman Glass Doors is enrolled into an exclusive program created to ensure absolute quality upon delivery. Not only is an adult signature required for the doors, the driver must wait until they are thoroughly inspected and approved before leaving. If there is damage, simply refuse the package, let the driver take it away, and wait for the replacement that is promptly sent.
• These quality fireplace doors come in at an incredible price point, considering their features. You will definitely be impressed with the looks and quality of the door.
The Bad: (not much to speak of)
• The Minuteman Fireplace Glass Doors are manufactured and imported from Poland. Now, some people like Old World Craftsmanship and some people only want “made in the USA.” That’s up to you. There aren’t too many models being manufactured here at home any longer, so the quality of European-manufactured products is becoming more appealing.
• Since the doors are manufactured overseas, custom sizes are not available. These doors come in sizes that will fit a fireplace opening anywhere from 32 1/8” – 43 1/8” wide and 25 ¾” – 29 7/8” high. You’ll find that the Minuteman doors will accommodate most all standard openings with a secure overlap fit.
• There aren't any finish color options, they only come in one finish; graphite. This flat finish gives a rich, dull luster with the color of dark pencil lead. I imagine that graphite was chosen because it goes with just about anything, but you may have to choose another brand if you’re looking for a unique color.
• While you’ll find that installing fireplace glass doors saves heat and dollars, these doors cannot accommodate a built-in heater system.
Modern design, quality construction, and convenient features make these doors a great buy. The benefits of the doors far outweigh the drawbacks.
BOTTOM LINE: Exceptional features, easy shipping, and included screen mesh doors at an incredible price point—now there’s a real deal to get excited about.